The Bender Elements connect directly to the compact and easy-to-install smart unit comprising a signal generator and oscilloscope. Advanced user-friendly software then automates the analysis using a range of algorithms.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Determining S & P wave velocities enables more specimen parameters to be determined. High speed data acquisition of up to 15 Mega samples/second sample interval provides the resolution necessary for determining wave speeds.
COMPACT AND EASY-TO-INSTALL: This all-in-one turn-key system makes bender element testing easy and reliable. It conveniently includes all the necessary tools such as:
- Wave generator
- PC software
- Bender Element transmitter and receiver.
- ROBUST DESIGN: The length of the bender element inserted into the soil sample is optimized to avoid compromising the power transmitted or received by the elements. This improves resistance to breakage and makes sample preparation easier, particularly on very stiff samples where only a small recess for the element is required.
- USER-FRIENDLY GRAPHIC USER INFERFACE (GUI): The intuitive software will guide the user in automating bender element tests and quickly producing realistic estimates of shear wave travel time using a range of algorithms (Time Difference, Cross Correlation and Phase Angle). This provides maximum flexibility for waves travel interpretation in the absence of international standard methods.
- VERSATILE The system can be either added as an option to Banded Triaxial cells (upgraded with suitable kits including pedestal, top cap and porous stone); used standalone with optional accessories or as an upgrade to other manufacturers’ systems.